Grandma’s Bungalow offers the lowest cost lodging in all of Seldovia. Guests stay in private sleeping rooms and share the kitchen, dining room, living room, and bathrooms. It’s also a perfect place for your large group, and you can choose to rent the whole house to accommodate up to ten people. There are a total of five bedrooms with two bathrooms available. Grandma’s Bungalow offers hi-speed internet, television, and video gaming. Grandma’s is only steps away from the fishing bridge and offers both a fish cleaning station and a freezer to keep it all fresh. Grandma’s accepts dogs at no charge and has a dog run and dog tie-out available in the yard.
- $50 per night per room + tax
- $250 per night for the whole house + tax (no more than 10 people)
- Double occupancy per room and up to two dogs per room
- Weekly discount available (Stay 6 nights, get 7th free)
Grandma’s Bungalow is a short distance from downtown Seldovia and only steps away from the fishing bridge. Here’s the view from the front yard of Grandma’s Bungalow. The Old Seldovia Boardwalk and the Harbor can be seen.
The Bungalow has 5 private bedrooms with shared common spaces. You can rent all 5 rooms and have the whole place to yourself! Groups or families of up to 10 people can enjoy staying at Grandma’s.
Cook your catch for dinner and enjoy the view from the dining room as you do! Surrounded by windows on two sides, the dining room is a peaceful place to socialize and sip coffee.
Grandma’s kitchen is fully equipped with a stove, oven, dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot, utensils, dishes, pots and pans, and more. The kitchen is accessible for all guests to use.
The living room features a cozy reading nook and a wood stove to help warm you up after a day adventuring. End your day in the recliner by the stove gazing out at Seldovia Bay!
Bathroom & Laundry
The downstairs bathroom features a full size washer, dryer, bathtub and shower. This is a shared bathroom for all guests.
Bedroom 1 has a full size bed and a twin floor mattress. This is the largest of the bedrooms and it is located on the first floor off the dining room next to the front door.
Bedroom 2 has a king size bed. It is located on the first floor off of the living room. Bedrooms 1 & 2 are a good choice for those who have trouble with stairs or for families that need more than 1 room.
This upstairs bedroom has a queen bed and comes with a view of an eagles nest! It is located at the top of the staircase above the living room.
The smallest of the rooms but the most charming. Bedroom 4 is in the dormer on the second floor. It has a double bed and the very best view in the whole house.
Bedroom 5 has two twin beds and is located on the second floor. You can see the mountains from this bedroom. It’s a great choice for kids or travelers who don’t want to share a bed.
There is another shared bathroom on the second floor with a shower, toilet, and sink. It is located at the top of the staircase and convenient for upstairs guests.
Call now to reserve your summer 2020 stay!
Know before you go….
- Grandma’s Bungalow is about a block and a half away from the Seldovia Harbor and about 1/3 mile from the airport. We can’t always offer pick up service, so pack light, or you may choose to use our favorite local taxi, Halo Cab 907-399-3511 . There is room in Grandma’s driveway for four vehicles and guests are welcome to bring their own vehicles for their stay. Check with the Alaska Marine Highway System for a ferry sailing schedule at 1-800-642-0066
- Grandma’s Bungalow has private sleeping rooms but the bathrooms and living areas are shared common spaces. If you are uncomfortable sharing a bathroom or other spaces, Grandma’s is not for you and we are happy to refer you to any of Seldovia’s other really great lodging options.
- Grandma’s welcomes dogs and they may be present in the Bungalow at any time during your stay. If you aren’t a dog person, or if you are allergic to dogs, Grandma’s may not be for you. We are one of the only facilities in Seldovia that accepts dogs, so you may consider any of the other lodging options listed on our chamber website.